Crews respond to Sunday morning structure fire in Casper

Firefighters with Casper Fire-EMS says that a fire during the early morning hours of May 31, 2020 has displaced Casper residents, after electrical service was disrupted for the home.

At 12:43 am, Sunday, Casper Fire-EMS says that units were dispatched to the 2600 Block of E. 9th Street for a reported structure fire.

Reporting parties stated there was smoke in the garage of a residence.

“Upon arrival, firefighters located and extinguished a fire in the attached garage of the residence, preventing spread of the fire to the living areas,” Casper Fire-EMS said in a written release Sunday morning.

All occupants of the structure had safely evacuated prior to the arrival of fire units. Due to precautionary removal of electrical service to the residence, the occupants were reportedly displaced.

Casper Fire-EMS says they responded to the scene with 4 units, the on-duty Battalion Chief, and an investigator. Other units reported on scene included Officers with the Casper Police Department and an Ambulance from Wyoming Medical Center.

Casper Fire-EMS also notes received assistance from Rocky Mountain Power and the City of Casper Solid Waste Division.

No injuries had been reported related to the incident. The cause of the fire remains under

“Casper Fire-EMS reminds everyone to remain vigilant with electrical use in their homes. Use only surge protectors or power strips that have internal overload protection. Use surge protectors or power strips that are listed by a qualified testing laboratory. Extension cords are for temporary use only,” the Casper Fire-EMS statement points out. “Have a qualified electrician determine if additional circuits or wall outlets are needed. Major appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, and microwave ovens should be plugged directly into a wall outlet. Never use an extension cord with a major appliance.”

Most Popular